Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Honeywell Sundial wiring centre

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:52:20 GMT
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
. ..
I'm about to wire up an extra CH zone, the thermostat will call the
valve, and the valve's auxiliary switch will call the heating system.

However I find that the system is wired using an Honeywell 42005748-001
wiring centre. This appears to have no provision for a second (third
etc) zone.

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/brochure/...Centre4200.pdf

Does anyone know how to wire the zone into such a wiring centre? This
photo shows how it is currently wired:

http://bit.ly/6Iv5Lg

If I just connect it to the roomstat terminals in parallel with the
existing roomstat this will also call the main S plan zone valve.

If this is too complicated, I may just replace the wiring centre with a
10-way junction strip. I'll want to add more zones as I go through the
renovations.

If you are not adding an extra programmer and are just zoning the heating
using room stats then wire up the new 2 port valve and the new room stat
in
parallel with the existing CH 2 port valve and roomstat with just one
small
alteration.

The alteration is. The return/call from the new room stat should be
connected to the BROWN wire on the new 2 port valve and these two wires
should not be connected to anything else. A piece of strip connector
should
be fine for this connection

Adam

Adam

The new room stat is a programmable, two wire. I take your term
Programmer to mean Programmable Time Switch, a Honeywell ST699 in my
case. So to check by paraphrase:

Connect the Grey (Switch 1 - live), Blue (Neutral), G/Yellow (Earth),
Orange (Switch 2 - Boiler/Pump call) of the new zone valve into the same
connectors as the Current zone valve. Connect the new stat between
live and the new Zone Valve Brown (Motor Live).

Yes, I understand that and see how it works. Thanks, saved me from
rewiring the lot although I might just do it anyway, as I find the
wiring much easier to understand when I can see it all!

As long as you connect the new programmable stat to a permanent live (the
grey wire from the 2 port valve is fine) and then put its return only to the
brown cable in the new 2 port valve you will have two independant CH zones.

Do not wire the new stat up to the old stat as I first suggested as the new
zone will only work when the "old" zone is calling for heat via the old 699
programmer.

HTH

Adam