Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Best tool for cutting / resizing blinds ?

On 21 Nov, 18:45, Andy Burns wrote:
On 21/11/09 18:25, Uncle-C wrote:

I've bought some standard run of the mill blinds from "Ponden Homes
( MIlls) " and unfortunately the width of 90cm is slightly too large
for my window - I will probably have to trim this down to about 86
cm . I was wondering what would be the best tool for the job,
obviously something which gives a nice clean cut.

Depends on what type of blinds, on the wild assumption that they are
Venetian blinds, you can get slat cutters ...

http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/venetian_blind.htm

ah yes I had just assumed roller blinds :)

We also did some wooden venetians that needed trimming - I ended up
clamping the lot in a vice (like a pack of cards) and cutting through
them all at once with a fine hacksaw - quick sand of any remaining
marks/splinters and twas OK..

JimK