Posted to alt.home.repair
Lp1331 1p1331 Lp1331 1p1331 is offline

Default Adding insulation to a mobile home

I did pretty much the same thing as Stormin describes. I used cellulose,
which has been satisfactory so far (12-13yrs?) If I could do t over, I
would have imsisted om fiberglass though. I hired mine done-- at the
time the whole thing was $300, which more than payed for itself in one
summer. Not long after that, I removedthe aluminum skin, added
fiberglass batts, then the foil backed foam sheathing and wood siding,
and replaced the windows at the same time.I was far more intersted in
keeping the place cool than warm (S Tx). Place still isn't gonna win any
prizes for energy efficiency, but compared to the way it was----.no
comparison. Another option for the roof is sprayed foam---urethane(?) I
talked to a customer a while back who had that done on a regular house,
with a fairly low pitched roof, and he said he had no complaints
whatever after 10+ yrs. Larry