Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Restoring rubber stair treads

charlie wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I have rubber stair treads on my back entryway steps. They are black rubber
with many ribs on each tread(very very narrow space between each rib). They
are in excellent condition but although I vacuum and mop(with ammonia
solution) them often, they never really look that good.

I am going to be repainting the wood portion of the stairs and would like
to have the rubber treads look a lot better than they do. Removing them
and going to new ones is not an option, so any ideas about how to clean
them, restore them,etc would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob

what about the stuff they spray on tires at the car wash?

That sounds like a bad idea... I think that's mostly silicone and while
it does an excellent job of making rubber look good and protecting it,
it also makes it slick...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.