Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Oliver 159a

Actually that is a standard thread size for the larger lathes, and you
should have no problem finding face plates and chucks with inserts
that size. If you already have the face plates, they may be able to be
bored out, or sold/traded for bigger threads. A spindle adapter will
go over the existing one, with the new smaller threads sticking out in
front, putting whatever you are mounting on your lathe sticking out
another 1 1/2 to 2 inches. It will work, but not the best option.

robo hippy

On Oct 30, 5:52*am, ZORRO9 wrote:
I have an Oliver 159a with 1.125x 8 threads and this is an uncommon
size ,as all of my tools are around 1x8.
I would like to ask whether the spindle should be taken down 1x8 or
get an adapter to 1x8.
Thanks