Nova

Default Screw in Table Legs & Hardware?

Doug White wrote:

Back when Constantines was still Constantines (a wonderful mail-order
woodworking hardware/supply outfit), they used to sell round tapered
table legs in several lengths. These had large lag bolts screwed in the
top, and there were matching mounting plates with two threaded holes.
One was square so the legs would be vertical, and one had a slight angle
to it so the legs would flair out.

I want to make some quicky desks for my two girls, and I was thinking
they would work OK until I have time to build something better.
Unfortunately, the new Constantines doesn't carry them, and a web search
turned up empty.

Does anyone know where I can get these anymore? The style was a bit
'50's, but they were quick and remarkably sturdy.

Doug White

Home Depot sells turned legs in various lengths and styles. The hanger
bolts and brackets can be purchases there as well.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA