Posted to misc.consumers.house
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default SIde Mount Garage Door Opener - Does One Exist? Can I use GenieStandard Mount?

In article ,
Billy wrote:
Can I mount a Genie Garage Door Opener to open the door from one side
as opposed to directly from the middle? I have a pull down attic
stairway smack in the middle of where my garage door opens and I cant
mount a permanant opener fixture directly down the center.

Will mounting the opener on one side provide the ability for the door
to still open - it is a very lightweight single garage door and it
rolls on tracks via small wheels.

Optionally, is there a side mount garage door opener made by Genie or
other big companies?

How difficult would it be to relocate the attic stairs? Can you move
them off to the side a couple of feet?

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
"Where large, expensive pieces of exotic woods are converted to valueless,