Brian

Default Mibro dado set, good, bad, ugly?

The 8" Freud professional set is on sale now for 69.99.... I'd probably
stretch the extra 19.99 to get it...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...397358-9618504

Brian.

"Silvan" wrote in message
I didn't turn up much on this set. One good, one bad, one neutral. I

could
use a bigger sample.

I'm on the market for a dado set. $50 is about my top right now. I've
heard the $20 HF set isn't bad if you don't do dadoes for a living, but I
expect I will use the thing a great deal. Much of my saw work of late has
involved making many repeat passes to cut all of the things dado sets are
good for, and I think a dado set would quickly justify the hassle of
swapping it on and off.

Basically, two different but related questions here. First, why the $50
Mibro over the $20 HF, or vise versa? Second,is it better to get one of
these, or just continue to do without until I can afford something like

the
Freud or Forrest?

Is that ~$95 Freud set at Lowe's pretty decent? POS that my TS is, I
wouldn't put a Forrest anything on it, and I do like my Freud combintion
blade.

Speaking of which... I happen to have two identical Freud blades...

Could
I get by without a dado set a bit longer by putting both of them on the
arbor, separated by a washer or something? I could double the bite I take
on each pass at least, and maybe put off the need until I can afford a
quality set.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/