Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering brass

Matty F submitted this idea :
I want to make some brass boxes, about 65x45mm, with hinged lids.
I thought I'd use 2mm brass plate, and solder the bottom on with
silver solder. They need to be oil-tight!
I've not soldered brass before. Any suggestions?

Brass is easy to solder, but you might be in bother holding the corners
in place. 2mm in such small pieces might be impossible to fold to
provide an overlap, so could you use some thin ready made brass angle
in the corners? Model supplies type places would have the angle in
stock.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)