Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim[_24_] Tim[_24_] is offline

Default installing a gas hob

Ron Lowe wrote:
john royce wrote:

Presumably if the copper pipe connection is in the same location at
the back, installing a new hob is simply a question of reconnecting
the copper pipe and the electrics for the spark; would you say?

No, there's no guarantee the gas connection will be in exactly the
same position. In fact, I'd be surprised if it was. It may be
reasonably close, but almost certainly not close enough. You ( or
another 'competent person' ) will almost certainly need to make minor
adjustments to the piping.

We had a gas leak in our cupboard below our gas hob. The only way I could
get good access to isolate the leak was to removed the hob. Turned out that
the "professional" fitter had only done the threaded elbow connector to the
hob finger tight.

Don'tcha just love professionals?

Tim