Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The revolution has started!

In article ,
PeterC writes:

BTW, found a good use for WD40: quick spray on blades of hedge clippers,
sickle etc. and rub it in forms a thin film that isn't sticky enough to
hold on to leaves and grass. Now I can start to use it.

It probably makes a good resin solvent. My hedge trimmer says
resin solvent should be sprayed on the blades, but I haven't
gone looking for any yet (and may just use WD40).

However, beware that WD40 will strip off any oil film, leaving
the blades liable to rust in storage. Might want to apply a
spray-on oil after the WD40 has evaporated.

--
Andrew Gabriel