Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Wiring Humidifier to furnace

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:13:36 -0400, "RBM" wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

-snip-
Could someone look at these and try to put into words where the
transformer wires-- 2 black & a green-- go?
Schematic
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ng_diagram.jpg
Humidifier hook-up
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...rwiring_sm.jpg

If you want the transformer to power up when the blower is on, connect it to
the white and black wires where the diagram shows the blower, unless you're
using the medium speed, then use the white and blue

Thanks-- I didn't think that was a choice *I* made. I thought the
furnace chose the speed & I was looking for something to connect to
before it made that choice. I'll have another read through the
literature to see what it says about the two speeds.

Thanks-
Jim