Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default The revolution has started!

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 14:12:48 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 04:11:43 -0700 (PDT), Rob G wrote:

I was trying to remember what the problem is - it goes sticky doesn't
it ? Maybe that would explain why the sections of my wife's walking
poles ended up as a solid mass.

Yes, leaves a sticky residue that a part from gummimg things up also
attracts dirt. Dirt that then gets made into a nice grinding paste
with the residue, so yes it's a means of selling more locks.

Out of interest, is there a thin spray lube that's OK for switches, locks
etc?
Sometimes oil or grease has gone thick in something realtively inaccessible
(the last pull-switch that I stripped and rebuilt now works freely but
skips sometimes, but 'tis old). Also, a thin film of something is sometimes
better than oil or grease.

BTW, found a good use for WD40: quick spray on blades of hedge clippers,
sickle etc. and rub it in forms a thin film that isn't sticky enough to
hold on to leaves and grass. Now I can start to use it.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.