Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default attached garage roof meets t1-11... how to flash?

xparatrooper wrote:
tucked in? or some 10ft pieces of Z channel? I have about 20ft from
eave to peak on two sides.

Whoops. After re-reading your post, it sounds like you've got some
step-flashing to do. Tom

You kind of lost me.... to get the siding to pull away from the
roof, I will end up cutting it maybe 3-4 inches above the roof. I
will then pry the siding away from the studs a little bit, which will
allow me to insert some flashing and then nail it down. The flashing
will then shed onto the roof, which is already coated 100% with
bituthene, and the bituthene actually crawls up the t1-11 siding about
3-4 inches. Would it really matter if I used step flashing, or 10ft
sections?

He missed the part where you will be putting on metal roofing. Step
flashing would be appropriate for shingles. I'm no expert, but your plan
sounds fine to me- basically a valley with one vertical side. If and
when I ever reskin my deck, I need to do about the same thing where
idiot previous owner nailed the deck ledger boards directly to the damn
siding- cut the siding back, flash, and hang the ledger boards off
waterproofed standoffs.

--
aem sends...