Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cash Cash is offline

Default Shelf Brackets ?

the_constructor wrote:
Putting some shelves up in my computer room and need a little advice
on the brackets.

I am thinking of getting the elcheapo London Shelf Brackets.

Width of largest shelf is 400mm and the length is 600mm, actually
making the shelves from an old table that I couldn't bear to just
throw on the tip.
Now the largest bracket that I can get is 350mm x 300mm.

Question is, are you supposed to put the longest length of the
bracket onto the wall or doesn't it matter. The shelf will only hold
a tuner amp and a 3 tray CD player side by side. Underneath the
largest shelf will be my 28" old style TV and the shelf will be about
4 inches above this.
Your help and suggestions most gratefully received.

Kindest regards,

Jim

Jim.

Have you thought of the Spur Shelving system? This is a very strong,
adjustable system and if I recall correctly, brackets up to 450mm in length
were available when I last used this system.

See
http://www.spurshelving.co.uk/shop/s...FZoU4wod1Fyk2g

Cash