Posted to uk.d-i-y
the_constructor[_2_] the_constructor[_2_] is offline

Default Shelf Brackets ?

Putting some shelves up in my computer room and need a little advice on the
brackets.

I am thinking of getting the elcheapo London Shelf Brackets.

Width of largest shelf is 400mm and the length is 600mm, actually making the
shelves from an old table that I couldn't bear to just throw on the tip.

Now the largest bracket that I can get is 350mm x 300mm.

Question is, are you supposed to put the longest length of the bracket onto
the wall or doesn't it matter. The shelf will only hold a tuner amp and a 3
tray CD player side by side. Underneath the largest shelf will be my 28" old
style TV and the shelf will be about 4 inches above this.

Your help and suggestions most gratefully received.

Kindest regards,

Jim