Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] ericp@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Toothbrush change - are the sonic ones worth the money?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:21:02 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Tim Lamb asked about changing the head on a toothbrush on an earlier thread
and it made me think abount changing my toothbrush for a sonic version.

Are the sonic toothbrushes really that good?

Any recommendations on a model or any good/bad experiences using them are
welcome about them before I splash out £100 on one

Adam

I have a sonicare and an ultrasonex and use one morning and one
nightly. It covers all my needs and I am happy with both, any failure
of one is covered by the other.

The sonicare heads are expensive but not if you buy carefully. A £5
head lasts me at least 6 months, and an ordinary toothbrush lasts me 4
weeks and costs £2 so I am well in with the cost of the more expensive
head. I treated my wife to a sonicare last xmas and we have just
stocked up on eight spare heads which will last us years.

The new sonicare uses heads like some of the braun ones and come as 5
heads for £20, but the handle is a silly price, unless you can shop
around over a period of time.

With regards the ultrasonex, I am told that the newer braun equivalent
are better, but the ultrasonex is the nicest toothbrush of any type
that I have ever held or used. The shape is perfect for oral use.