Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Electrolysis for de-rusting

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:42:03 -0500, Jules
wrote:

JOOI, what is the exact process? I'd always been told to use sacrificial
anodes for rusty parts - and have done it several times - but the
wikipedia entry seems to suggest that it only works to protect the cathode
material against corrosion, rather than removing existing corrosion
(almost implying that all that happens is that a new layer of material
gets dumped onto the cathode material, trapping the actual rust beneath?)

I don't think much of that particular wikipedia entry. Very easy to
mis-interpret. Try these, or others posted this thread:

http://www.fergusonenthusiasts.com/r...%20Charger.pdf
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13110
http://users.eastlink.ca/~pspencer/n...sis.html#setup
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../electrolosis/