Halon1211

Default Craftsman Table Saws

I have alot of Craftsman with no complaints. Other tools I bought (to
include Ryobi) wore out within a year of pretty light use, or was never
quite right to begin with. I replaced those items, including my table saw,
with Craftsman. It's a good saw, is accurate and does everything I want.
The fence locks in where I need it and is never at a diagonal or not square.
Right now I'm in the middle of having to buy a new router to replace my 14
month old Ryobi. I think the only thing on it that still works is the
motor. The lock won't lock the shaft to insert/remove bits, and the depth
adjustment engages nothing. Keeping in mind I take very good care of my
tools since I can't afford to keep replacing them, I picked the darn thing
up last night and a piece of plastic just fell out of it. Who the hell puts
plastic parts in any kind of serious tool? Guess the little Malaysian kid
who built that one was having an off day.

So, I say again, if any folks have craftsman that they really hate that
much, send it to me and I'll give 'em a good home.

George

"KirkH" wrote in message
om...
This may sound like flame bait at first, but it is a serious question.
Exactly what is everyone's problem with Craftsman table saws???

I started saving for a table say with a $500 limit in mind. After
reading back posts from this group, I looked at a Delta 36-650 at
Lowes for $498 and thought it was a pretty good option. Just for
comparison, I went to Sears and looked at their saws. One of their
saws (forget the model number) was $499 and appeared to be very solid.
Based on what I have read, I paid particular attention to the fence,
and it seemed much more solid and easier to adjust than the Delta.

Now, since I have exactly zero experience with either saw, what
exactly is the problem with Craftsman??? I have read enough of the
"they're all crap!" posts; but I would like to hear exactly why people
feel this way.

I plan to buy one of these saws (or something else in this price
range) in the next few weeks, so I would really appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
Kirk