Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Septic Drain Field Trouble

"cshenk" wrote in message
"benick" wrote

which is the point , I guess...That's what I did...So FIRST I would
inquire what the law is in YOUR state , county , ect. and make your
decision from threre...Here just pulling the permit for doing it means
you LOSE anything that's grandfathered and EVERTHING has to be up to
current codes....If you

That's unfortunate but you are right for him to ask about local codes.
Pulling a permit to make *repairs* does not in any area I've heard of
before you, mandate total upgrade. That doesnt mean an unscrupulous
contractor might not lie about that though.

Had that happen to me when trying to fix renters damage. Fortunately I
know enough to not be taken in. I also used a different *honest* company
for the work that didnt tell lies like that.

Nope any work on the septic system outside means it WILL be brought up to
current codes....I just wanted to change out the tank , but no the CEO said
it must be brought up to code and showed me the law in the book when I went
to get the 100.00 plumbing permit...Maine has adopted all of Cali. codes and
made some worse...No garage drains , no grey water discharge..ie. Your
washer must be piped into septic as well as water softener/filter system
backwash....We lead the way in Green Moonbatism...LOL....