Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Paint for plastic Shutters

On Jul 31, 8:56*pm, wrote:
My *shutters seem to need a paint job.... *they held up fairly well
for about 10 years but are rather faded. * They are the plastic
type shutters sold at the local big box stores.

Any suggestions on what type of paint to use.... *should they
be primed first ?? *Top coated ??? * I'm planning on using a
brush so self leveling paint would help.

Thanks in advance !!!

Peter

Plastic shutters from the big box stores come as 'paintable' and 'non-
paintable'. The paintable ones state to use latex paint. The non-
paintable ones come precolored and state that paint will not adher to
them. However after years of weathering I'd give it a try anyway.

KC