Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default How clean narrow bendy metal chimney flue?

"Eddy" wrote in message
Any clever ideas on this one?

Had a wood-burner fitted a year ago and the fitters "flued" it with a
narrow, probably 6" diameter, metal concertina-type flue up inside the
original old flue to the roof (probably a distance of 7 metres all in).

Anyway, though I had better give it a clean so I got out my 1-metre rods
with brush attachments etc., but can't get up more than a metre.
Problem is the bends - combined with the narrowness of the pipe. And,
of course, I don't want to puncture the thing by forcing my way up.

Went online and saw that at stovesonline.co.uk they're offering just the
thing - a really thin and very flexible "rod", with attachments.
Problem is it's £20 per metre!!!!!!!

There must be a cheaper way round this.

First thought is, what about a good stiff garden hose? (No rude joke
intended.)

Anyone already come up with an effective solution to this problem?

Find a close fitting, heavy, ball and drop it down from the top.

Colin Bignell