Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Window film to block sun heat

On Jul 31, 3:26*am, "John61" wrote:
My new house has a few big windows facing southwest, taking much sun heat in
the afternoon. Have to keep the heat pump working till after midnight to
cool down.

I went to HomeDepot and hoped could find some kind of window film that can
block sun heat - something like we put on minivan window glass. But there
are only some small packs of decorative films available there. Need some
advice on this.

Thanks.

If they are dual pane you will void many companies warrantys, the
interior pane heats faster and can crack in certain situations like
when the sun comes up when its real cold out and the panes expand
unevenly. I cracked a few. Research it first or better yet have a
local glass co do it that guarntees their work.