Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Lead or gold for ballast anyone???

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 03:41:13 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:10:52 -0500, Ignoramus21207
wrote:

Many years ago, I brought home a bucket full of lead bullet remnants,
from a gun range. The price then was next to nothing, actually $3. I
would suggest to call local gun ranges and tell them that you are
looking for lead. You would need to smelt it, of course, and dispose
of coppery stuff in a safe and legal way. (I just had to say it!)

actually..wheel weights from the local tire places are cheaper. And make
better bullets, fishing weights and sinkers

Gunner

NObody trashes lead anymore.
they ALL recycle.

Hells bells, Guns,
Pb is roughly $2 a pound!

When I was a kid I collected pop bottles for a lot less than that!

In my late teens, we gathered up the pop bottles in the back seat to
trade for gas to "cruise the strip" on Saturday night!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada