Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default 110v spot welder work on 50Hz?

wrote:

Where in Oz are you moving to ? I am in the best part,
the West, unlike poor Andrew who is a resident of Mexico.

Cootamundra, NSW. Very nice little town, sorta reminds me of my home
town in the early 60's in terms of appearance. As in, before new
construction had to fit some urban planner's 'vision' of the
neighborhood and whole blocks were subject to remodeling for the same
reason.

At this point I'm planning on choosing a job (have several folks
interested in hiring me) and spending time getting known before I decide
if I want to open a real commercial business there. If not, I'll just
have one hell of a nice hobby shop. Maybe build a steam locomotive to
run on the tracks in Wagga...
I'm going back end of September and a big part of that will be talking
to some of these folks. My wife, bless her heart, thinks I can do
-anything-. I need to make sure I haven't been oversold....
However, that'll be on hold for some time if I land a job here that I'm
really hoping for.

This will give you an idea of prices here
http://www.bobthewelder.com.au/produ...4&cat=6&page=1

Uh, yeah, I'd say it's worth bringing mine for sure! That's a much nicer
spot welder than mine, but for my infrequent needs, that unit would be
overkill...

Jon