Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Liability & responsibility of electrician?

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Then the various Licensed Electricians who installed machines etc over
the years at the factory I finished tearing down yesterday were all
doing it illegally. 75,000 sq ft and no grounds in any of the
boxes/runs.

California btw..Anaheim.

When I was studying for ASP (Associate Safety Professional), one guy took me
under his wing. He said I needed four things to buffalo the crap out of any
business owner. First, a plug in circuit tester, second, an audiometer,
third, a clipboard, and fourth, a very authentic hard plastic or laminated
ID. Plastic mounted on chest, laminated on neck lanyard.

At least 25%, and much higher in many locations had the wires on any box you
tested run incorrectly. Testing a few of these put the employer on the
defensive. Sound levels were almost always over the 85 db OSHA standards,
but it was not necessary to explain that it would take many hours at that
level to harm hearing. Hardly anybody wants to challenge a person with a
clipboard, badge, or laminated ID in a neck lanyard.

You can just walk around any business with these items, and I will guarantee
you will having people run into themselves within ten minutes.

And then you say, "But I know how to fix these things and keep you in OSHA
compliance."

For a fee, of course.

Steve