Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A. Al A. is offline

Default FS: Dayton variable speed drive

1/2 HP Grainger/Dayton adjustable speed drive. 115/230V single phase
motor driving a dual adjustable speed pulley setup, sort of like a mini
Bridgeport vari-speed head. Output speed from 705RPM to 4230 RPM, chosen
by a 14 turn hand crank with indicator dial.

Identical (except for color) to the one on Graingers website he

http://tinyurl.com/mbycm5

A few photos he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4140012.jpg

Unit is used but fully functional. This spent it's life spinning a small
3-jaw chuck holding parts for a sort of deburring/beveling operation. I
had all sorts of plans for this, but I need space. Take a good look at
the specs and use your imagination!

Grainger used to get near 700 bucks for this. This is in my way. Make me
an offer(i'm pretty hard to insult), plus shipping from 01826. Available
for pickup if you happen to be passing through Dracut, MA.

Thanks,
Al