Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default 110v spot welder work on 50Hz?

wrote:

Summing up, your welder should work fine on 50Hz.
It is delivering the same output voltage so the spot size will be
unchanged. The transformer will run hotter so you should be
conservative with your duty cycle.

Thank you for the in depth answer! I am looking to take as much tools
and such as possible. It's possible I'd have the only spot welder for
quite some distance, so it's worth taking if it'll work. If it doesn't
work, it'd be worthless there, and cost more to ship back than it's
worth... Sounds like it's worth taking. It seldom gets used, and only
light duty cycles, should be ok.

Jon