Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default New idea for work bench?

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:49:23 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

snip
I've seen a "homemade" shop bench for electronics repair that had an edge
designed to catch screws or lay screwdrivers. Those are usually carpet
coverer, so parts can't really roll away.

Everyone seemed to use carpet or carpet samples when I
started working the electronics bench.

I think you will find them gone the way of the Dodo Bird
nowadays. Motorola more-or-less said either you put down
anti-static mats and use such practices or were going to
pull affiliation. If your electronics repair wizard still
has a carpet patch on his bench I think I would be looking
for another place to get things serviced...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b