Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Sub panel to a sub panel

On Jul 13, 9:29*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , stryped wrote:

The main pannel had two spots left. I added a 100 amp breaker in the
main panel to the 100 amp sub panel. the wiring between the two was
the correct size for 100 amps. (I checked when I did this several
years ago.)

Let's double-check, OK? Please answer all of these questions:

What type of wire?
What gauge?
How many conductors did you run to the subpanel?
What are they connected to?
Does the subpanel have separate busses for neutral and ground?
Are they connected to each other, or electrically separate?
How are the neutral and ground busses in the subpanel connected to the main
panel?

The sub panel is essentially a main type panel. I will have to look
again at the wire, but there is a 100 amp breaker form the main panel
feeding the sub pannel. The sub panel has a 100 amp main breaker also.

Everythign feeds to the main panel. (ground and everything.)

I will take some pictures tonight.