Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Sub panel to a sub panel

On Jul 13, 8:30*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
stryped fired this volley in news:2a8c8464-ab25-
:

Can I run a sub panel in my new
detached garage/workshop from the sub panel in my current attached
garage?

Someone could. *We've watched your progress long enough to think
that's not safe (for your family -- think "kids playing upstairs") for
you to do.

If so, do I need another ground rod at the detached garage?

Two, eight feet apart in many jurisdictions.

I added the sub panel because all of the breakers in my main pannel
were almost full.

That scares me. *It sound like you have multiple circuits stuffed into
all the available connector space on every breaker.

An electrician might be your best friend, here.

I'm not banging on you, Stryped. *This just doesn't sound like the
right project for you to undertake.

LLoyd

The main pannel had two spots left. I added a 100 amp breaker in the
main panel to the 100 amp sub panel. the wiring between the two was
the correct size for 100 amps. (I checked when I did this several
years ago.)