Posted to alt.home.repair
PatM PatM is offline

Default Best cable splitting strategy.

On Jul 12, 4:46*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Jul 12, 4:11*pm, George wrote:

JIMMIE wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:31 pm, "Joe J." wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Hi,
I know that the cable modem must have a pretty strong signal so it can
be downstream from a few splitters.
But I need to put in at least one or two. Where the cable comes in (A)
I have a single TV. The modem is in the next room (B) where there is
another TV. I'm choosing between two options:
1. 2-way splitter at location A and a 2-way splitter at location B.
2. 3-way splitter at location A
Way 1 is neater, but perhaps the modem gets only 1/4 of the signal.
Way 2 is more cumbersome, but perhaps the modem gets 1/3 the signal..
So which way is better?
Many thanks in advance,
Aaron
You might consider an active splitter such as:http://www.anadigics.com/products/ca...e_splitters/ap...
but it requires AC power so needs to be located near an outlet.

Joe J- Hide quoted text -

You cant use a cable modem after an amplifier. Amplifiers are one way
devices cable boxes are two way devices.

Some have a passive return path and are intended for that use.- Hide quoted text -

Really, where can you get a bidirectional amp like this. I was told by
my cable company I could not use my amplified distribution system with
my cable modem or cable box because of this *and there was no amp
available that would fit my needs.

Jimmie

Walmart has them.