Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default In-between GFI

"Pavel Grnifeld" wrote in message
Hi,

There are GFI outlets and there are GFI breakers.

I happen not to like the way GFi outlets look and GFI breakers are
sometimes just too far away (4 flights of stairs). Is there an in-
between solution to GFI protect the circuit? For example, it would be
nice if the GFI device could go under the vanity?

Many thanks in advance.

Aaron

It's a bit of work, but perfectly fine to install the gfci under the vanity
protecting a standard receptacle above the vanity. I'm not sure what you
dislike about the gfci receptacle, but newer models are available in solid
colors, unlike some of the older models with odd colored test and reset
buttons