Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Lead or gold for ballast anyone???

Pete C. wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:29:21 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

I am NOT shipping lead in flat-rate containers. I have a
conscience. d8-)

Bullet mfrs like Berry, XTreme,Meister, etc routinely ship (lead)
bullets in flat rate boxes. An order of 2000 220-grain (.45ACP)
bullets is about 62.8 lb plus packaging materials.

What do they do about the prohibition on shipping live ammunition via
USPS?

He's not shipping live ammo , he's shipping slugs . It doesn't become live
ammo until it's assembled into a cartridge case with powder and a primer .
--
Snag
It's called