Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default It's NOT okay to shoot gerbils

On Jul 11, 10:59*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:
Or maybe it is not OK to shoot anything in your typical
backyard.

Except, in some states*, burglars, home invaders, or drunk teen-agers who've
become lost.

-------
* My state allows deadly force against anybody, including gerbils, engaged
in "criminal mischief during the nighttime."

" * My state allows deadly force against anybody, including
gerbils, engaged in "criminal mischief during the nighttime." "

My (limited) research has shown that "criminal mischief" law typically
says something like:

Criminal mischief
Sec. 2. (a) A ***person*** who:
(1) recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally damages or defaces
property of another person without the other person's consent; or...

Note the words "A person who".

Unless the laws in your state specifically mention something to the
effect of "small furry, four legged creatures", I'm not sure you could
use "criminal mischief" as the reason for shooting gerbils. I'm not
saying you can't shoot them, I'm just saying I'd be surprised if
gerbils were included under the "criminal mischief" statute.