Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton specs

"Ulysses" wrote in message
I have a Hayne's manual for small engine repair and it gives some specs
but
it doesn't cover the B&S OHV engines (which is what I think you have). On
the old regular lawn mower engines some play is normal and B&S has various
thicknesses of gaskets to get it within tolerance. If the guys at your
local lawnmower shop are friendly they might look it up for you plus they
probably sell some repair manuals.

This is the OHV engine and it is on a Little Wonder vac machine. Since the
shaft is enclosed I have no idea what it was like new to compare. Obviously
the seal has to be replaced. The local shop where we bought it is closed
for vacation but I'll give them a call next week to be sure.

Thanks.