Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motor rewinding cost

Ignoramus21207 fired this volley
in :

The best local quote that I got for rewinding this motor is $339. Is
this in a reasonable ballpark or should I look harder?

That's more than you'd pay for a new-old-stock motor on Ebay, even
including shipping.

Motor rewinders are scarce these days, and their work is usually
expensive unless you compare it to the cost of specialty or very large
motors -- then they become pretty economical. Run-of-the-mill utility
motors are usually too inexpensive to be worth it.

(sigh... we finally lost our only rewinder in a five city circle from
here. He got old, and finally retired. Nobody to take up the trade,
so he just closed the shop)

LLoyd