Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Threaded rod padding

Stormin Mormon wrote:
One place where I go, now and again. There is a vertical,
metal ladder. At the top, there is a threaded rod, for a
hand hold. The threads cut into my fingers, when I grab on.
Someone had wrapped this in duct tape, but the threads are
cutting through the duct tape. Is there some other way to
pad this, so it would be a more comfortable grip handle?

Can't slide a tube over it, and wouldn't want to. The tube
would rotate, and a climber could lose grip. Foam padding
(like for pipe wrap) might not hold up for very long.

The duct tape isn't all that ideal, it's a bit slippery.
What else comes to mind?

Replace it w/ a rod threaded only on the ends...

Paint it w/ a few layers of the tool-grip paint...

Wear gloves...