Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul R[_2_] Paul R[_2_] is offline

Default Supplier for rubber seals for conservatory?

Roger Mills wrote:
All the windows and polycarbonate roofing panels on my 20 year old uPVC
conservatory are held in by uPVC glazing beads, fitted with rubber a sealing
strip which has quite a complex cross-section - see
http://www.mills37.plus.com/Glazing_seal.JPG

These rubber strips have all shrunk such that the roof sometimes leaks. It
doesn't always do it - it depends on wind direction - but is nevertheless
annoying. I would like to replace the rubber strips, but don't know where to
get replacements. I'm not quite sure of the correct description for them,
which makes Goggling difficult!

I would be very grateful for any help both in namimg them correctly and in
suggesting suppliers who might be able to supply this stuff. The original
conservatory suppliers have long gone out of business, so I can't ask them!
I have a feeling that they got their materials from Germany at the time, but
I'm not certain of that. As far as size goes, the max horizontal dimension
(in the orientation of my photo) is about 20mm and vertical 9mm.

TIA.

Have a look at www.hdhardware.co.uk I used them recently to replace some
perished gasket (this is the term used). It wasn't an exact match, but
did the job. They will send samples, but make a small charge for it.

Paul R