Posted to alt.home.repair
scorpionleather scorpionleather is offline

Default Size of concrete mixer and water to add?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

We can do some back-of-the-envelope calculations. Cement (according to
Google references) is about 5,300 lbs/cu yd, or 200 lbs/cu ft. You've got
900 pounds of stuff, plus water, call it 1000 pounds.

That's five cubic feet of cement.

Still, I'd check the set-up time for the concoction (maybe it's on the
bag). I don't think I could slather five cubic feet of cement before it
became unworkable.

Maybe you could start with a small batch and see how it goes?

Thanks Bub, I did a different calculation and it matches your results at 5
cubic feet.

The company that made up the formula told me it would take 1.5 to 2 hours
before it hardens and gets unworkable with the trowel. Does that sound
about right for white portland cement plus coarse sand?