Posted to alt.home.repair

Default need galvanized finish nails for exterior, right?

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:13:45 -0700 (PDT), ben
wrote:

I just bought a Bostitch 15 gauge finish nailer for some exterior trim
work. Bought some Bostitch nails. They say they're 'coated.' I
emailed Bostitch and they say the coating is not galvanized but just a
glue coating that helps in removal. They said to use stainless nails
for exterior.

Unfortunately the stainless nails are 4 times the price.

I presume I need galvanized nails for exterior work, right? I'll be
using this with both wood and PVC trim.

I may just return the Bostitch and get something else for which
galvanized nails are available.

Bostich is correct, use the stainless. Anything else will darken the
trim, possibly streak and who wants that?