Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd Mortimer Schnerd is offline

Default Need a 120 volt relay

windcrest wrote:

I didn't see your original post, but you could carry your device one
step further by adding a timer and 3 or 4 relays to power up/down the
equipment in sequence. Audiophile equipment should be powered up in
sequence from input-source devices first (cd, phono, tuner) to power
amps last, and powered down power amps first then input-source devices
last. So pulsing on would trigger the relays to go on in sequence (at
5 second intervals) and pushing off would trigger to relays to go off
in reverse sequence.

My external power amplifier is a Dynaco 400 and it already includes
delayed turn-on to prevent speaker thumps. I've had this since 1974 and
it still sounds great.

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynac...400/index.html

As for powering down, I don't see any particular downside to
simultaneous shut down.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com