Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Supplier for rubber seals for conservatory?

Andrew May wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
All the windows and polycarbonate roofing panels on my 20 year old
uPVC conservatory are held in by uPVC glazing beads, fitted with
rubber a sealing strip which has quite a complex cross-section - see
http://www.mills37.plus.com/Glazing_seal.JPG

These rubber strips have all shrunk such that the roof sometimes
leaks. It doesn't always do it - it depends on wind direction - but is
nevertheless annoying. I would like to replace the rubber strips, but
don't know where to get replacements. I'm not quite sure of the
correct description for them, which makes Goggling difficult!

I would be very grateful for any help both in namimg them correctly
and in suggesting suppliers who might be able to supply this stuff.
The original conservatory suppliers have long gone out of business, so
I can't ask them! I have a feeling that they got their materials from
Germany at the time, but I'm not certain of that. As far as size goes,
the max horizontal dimension (in the orientation of my photo) is about
20mm and vertical 9mm.

TIA.

Any of this any use?

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/s...DepartmentId=4

Never used them so not a recommendation.

Part number WS2272 looks possible...

--
Cheers,

John.