Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden
mm mm is offline

Default Grass keeps clogging chute on Snapper 21" pusher

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 17:56:30 -0700 (PDT), muzician21
wrote:

I tried cleaning the bag thinking maybe a lack of air flow was somehow
an issue - gave it a good scrubbing in the tub with lots of detergent.
Sharpened the blade. I found the bottom lip of the chute was splitting
so I formed some sheet aluminum to fit over the lip and pop-riveted it
in place to give the grass a smooth entry point. None of this has
helped.

I just got a new used electric lawnmower, with three options**

I tried shooting the grass out but it was long and I knew it would
turn yellow lying on the other grass. I put the mulcher on and then
could see no cut-off grass where I mowed. So I redid the first area
and the cut grass disappeared.

**except I don't own the bag and earlier, when I borrowed my
neighbor's once, it filled up every ten minutes. It was going to
double the time it took me to mow the lawn. But I'm glad I tried it
once. For one thing, now I know why neighbor is constantly mowing,
then stopping, then mowing.... I thought he was doing it just to drive
me crazy, because I could never tell when he was done so I could go
back to the quiet end of the house.