Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Deck screw driver- what do you use?

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 18:04:27 -0500, wrote:

There is a much simpler and cheaper solution. !!!! USE NAILS !!!!

Cheaper maybe. Definitely not simpler.

*No electricity needed.
*No drill to ruin.

The right tool won't be ruined--- and you can mess up the decking
pretty good if you use a hammer as infrequently as I do.

*Nails are cheaper than screws.
*You get exercise which you'd have to pay for at a gym.

I can do push-ups if I find my arms too weak for everyday tasks.

*You will impress women if you can drive a nail with two hammer blows.

I'm long past impressing 'women'-- though SWMBO has an appreciation
for a good tool now and again.

I'll stick with screws despite the price because they hold better, are
removable, and *I* can do a much better looking job with them.

That they are easier to place than nails is a bonus.

Jim