Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Deck screw driver- what do you use?

Joe wrote:

On Jul 6, 5:58*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

snip

Don't even think about doing serious deck building or framing without
an impact driver and a good nail gun.

I'm long past any *serious* work.g I've been here 25yrs and will
likely die here. I've got a deck, a porch & 3 windows to go before I
start building birdhouses for entertainment.

King of the Hill in our area is
the Makita 18V Li ion impact driver. Coupled with Torx head screws you
can screw together up to three 2 x 4's in a just seconds. Exercise
care though, not to bury the screw heads too deep. If you can't afford
the upfront price, try used on eBay or a tool rental place. Odds are
you'll want one in your arsenal like our local farming pros. Bottom
line, the impact driver is fast becoming a real necessity for ease of
use, saving time and neater work.

OK- you're the second person to recommend a tool I've never seen in
action. I'll look into them a bit more.

Thanks,
Jim