Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Deck screw driver- what do you use?

On Jul 6, 5:58*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

snip

Don't even think about doing serious deck building or framing without
an impact driver and a good nail gun. King of the Hill in our area is
the Makita 18V Li ion impact driver. Coupled with Torx head screws you
can screw together up to three 2 x 4's in a just seconds. Exercise
care though, not to bury the screw heads too deep. If you can't afford
the upfront price, try used on eBay or a tool rental place. Odds are
you'll want one in your arsenal like our local farming pros. Bottom
line, the impact driver is fast becoming a real necessity for ease of
use, saving time and neater work.

Joe