Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default AC repair question

Deodiaus wrote:
I found one for $65 shipped at:
http://boatandrvaccessories.com/43587.htm

Does anyone know where I can buy one for $30?

ps1. I am interested in the start capacitance, (the motor makes the
humming sound trying to start up).
ps2. my friend the electrician is not the same as the AC repairman
and not the same as the earlier guy who put in the 7.5 MFD cap (which
seems to be the one that the sites sell with it [A.O. Smith recommends
10 MFD]).
ps3. The reason I was looking for the calculations is that I can see
how sensitive they are to a change in capacitors.

The motor you referred to is not a cheap motor, it's just not an exessively
inflated priced motor.
New surplus blower motors can be found at numerous surplus dealers for about
$30 or less, plus shipping.

I can walk in to several places here in town
and buy one for less. $60 plus $15 shipping?
Kinda runs the price up.

TDD