Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Ref: Too much Michael Jackson!

clipped
promotion of sexual immorality thru songs. However, i dont think he
was by any stretch the worst for this...I think the worst role-model
for young people is and always will be Madonna ; someone whos built a
$600,000,000 empire from pushing illicit sex mainly to kids just
reaching puberty. I suppose when she dies, shell be hailed as the
Princess of Pop (??).

Madonna was honestly outrageous about sex. Pushing illicit sex? Guess
I missed that message. She was many levels above those who have a moral
duty as part of their profession - teachers, physicians, judges,
politicians, police officers - who habitually violate the duties of
their office. Reagan, and the hoards who followed, surrounded himself
with a bunch of flaky clergymen and right-wingers only to gain votes of
the "moral majority". Rubbish and hypocricy. On his watch, the AIDS
epidemic took off because, at first, it was a "gay men's disease".
Ignored in much the way that the holocaust was ignored (less valuable
human beings). Side effect was thousands of children with hemophilia who
died from contaminated blood supplies. Then came temp jobs and "trickle
down" economics.