Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need a 120 volt relay

On 7/2/2009 6:44 PM Mortimer Schnerd spake thus:

I'm looking for a cheap 120 volt relay to use with my stereo system.
I've got a receiver that has pre in/main out jumpers and so I've added a
second power amp to it which is a lot more powerful that what's already
built into the receiver. I'm actually powering three rooms of speakers
(8 speakers all told); two sets on the receiver's power amp and 4
speakers in my bedroom off the external power amp.

I want the power to the amp to come on whenever I power up the receiver
but it's a PITA to get to because of the way it's physically installed.

The AC outlet on the back of the receiver is only rated for 100 watts
max. The power amp can draw up to 11 amps so the receiver's AC outlet
isn't going to work.

Here's just what you need, for only $2.50:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...RELAY/-/1.html

This one's rated at 40 A, so you should have no problems with it.

And forget Radio Shack, as some other posters have suggested. They're
useless.